Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello from Ohio

Hey Y'all!!! Look! I got in and am posting on the blog! Let's see, Kelly and I have been alone for a few weeks and the house has seemed really big. I am on a two week break from school and Kelly is racing for the finish. I'll send out announcements soon letting you know when he graduates. I created some really nice ones and am offering to do the same for anyone in his class for price.

I sent out a couple of inquiries to attorneys here in town asking if they hire paralegals and asking if they would be interested in a resume from me. I got an answer back from one so I need to compose a cover letter and get that out. I won't graduate until February but I really want to work here in Lancaster (FYI pronounced Lang-kis-ter) so that I'm here close by if the kids have a problem at school or want to stop by after school.

Kelly is thinking he would like to work for a patent attorney or for an outfit that retrieves information off of hard drives for discovery in litigation.

I haven't figured out how to digitize my photos yet. I do have a scanner but I haven't done anything with it; is is one of those printer, scanner, copier thingies. I have some really nice pics of here and if I can't figure out the scanner, I'll take them down and convert them to disk and see if I can get them posted that way.

The kids are having fun in Colorado and we get periodic updates which are really fun. Our neurotic cat really misses them but Winston doesn't seem to know they are gone. Jasper the cat is really funny. He will come up every once in a great while and just need to be petted. So you pet and pet and pet and then he just can't stand it any more and he turns around and bites you. He did that the other day and I sort of wiggled my fingers at him and he scooted away and then came back for some more. He begged to be petted for a few minutes then bit me again. I flicked him a bit and scolded him and he jumped to the edge of the bed. He sat there for a second then he crept back and bit me again and took off.

Winston has kind of turned into my dog...he loves driving around with me and barking at pedestrians on the sidewalk. When I figure out how to upload pics, I'll post one of him. He is really cute and looks like he should be really prissy and all but he is such a dog! He does all the gross doggy things like eat anything on the ground, pee on every upright post he passes, and run his nose all over everything.

I cut the missionaries hair so I don't feel obligated to feed them. They really like it. I was just released from the Relief Society presidency. They reorganized all the presidencies and right now I don't have a calling. It's kind of nice. I do the flowers for the chapel and the Relief Society room but other than that, I am just a face in the crowd for the first time in a long time.

That is about all that is happening here. We are looking forward to getting the girls back and school starts in a few weeks. I figure you all who have young kids are starting the get busy with school shopping.

That's all for this time!!!

2 comments:

Debbie's family blog said...

way to go Laura! I am proud of you for getting on the post. I am looking forward to your pictures and updates about the girls. If you need help with scanning, i might be able to help a little bit. the easiest thing is to take your digital picture card from your camra and ut them directly on to your computer, most computers have a port to put the card, but mine needs an adapator,m which i got and it is easy. they sell the adaptors everywhere, even wallyword (wal-mart) would you give me information on how to become a paralegal? Is it something you can do from home or is it soething you attend classes for. Maybe I would like to try it for something new, or maybe brandon, who needs a job!
thanks for all your nice notes, and pictures you give to mom, she loves them, and so do we.
love, debbie

Travis Oliphant said...

Hi Kelly and Laura! So good to hear about y'all. It helps make the distance a little closer when we keep in touch. Love to you all! -Amy